Monday, October 8, 2018

Finished? Absolutely maybe.

Recently, I finished a gift wall hanging/lap quilt for a Christmas gift, at least if "finished" means bound.  I quilted most of it quite heavily but left the main characters relatively untouched.  Except I haven't been able to leave it alone.  Now almost everything is fairly heavily quilted.  I can't show the whole thing since it's a gift, but here's a piece of it:


I think I'm getting better, at least some days!

This morning, this blog post came across my feed from Diary of a Quilter just in time as a reminder to celebrate small victories.  So I'm celebrating and allowing that quilt to be put away to move onto my next wall hanging.

This is what's currently on my machine:


I don't really have a plan of how I want to quilt this.  I've used wavy lines, leafy meanders, and wood knots so far.  I'm starting to use circular quilting designs in the mid-section of green inspired by the trees.  All the red barns are traced in thread and I've added planks with my sewing.


Have you seen Missouri Star Quilt Co.'s latest tutorial with Jenny Doan?  Her Time to Sew quilt features Moda's Collection for a Cause Heritage collection that Howard Markus created.  Here's a link for it.  All the money that's made from this collection goes to the International Quilt Study Center and Museum this year.  They showcase exhibitions, collections, world quilts, block of the month quilts, and so forth.  Their mission is to "build a global collection and audience that celebrate the cultural and artistic significance of quilts."  It was established by the University of Nebraska-Lincoln in 1997, and "the collection has grown to represent more than 50 countries and span 5 centuries." Here's a link if you're interested in knowing more about them!

Happy sewing!

LeeAnn


No comments:

Post a Comment