Saturday, November 2, 2019

2019 in pictures (March through October anyway)

Wow!  My Instagram followers have a better idea of what I've been doing this year!  I've really slacked off writing!  My journal and personal history has suffered too.

On the sewing front, did I show the clothing I made?  I don't think so.

This turned into a skirt but no picture?!

Comfy dress!

My son bought an SUV.

My daughter chatting with us.

Emergency surgery on this dinosaur's arm.

Love this picture of my husband!

Daughter with a missionary companion.

Love this shot of the Kirtland Ohio Temple!

I bought this kit in May.  My house was going on the real estate market.  What was I thinking?!  I'm hoping to start it sometime this year.  Maybe next.

Farewell gift from dear friends in my quilt group!

My quilting buddies.

A few of the helpers loading our moving van. That guy behind and to the side?  A miracle worker!

Driving north in rain.  That's our moving van in front.  NOBODY could believe we got everything inside.  Russ Webb plays tetris in his spare time, I think!  It took THREE storage units when we arrived--oh how we missed Russ on that end!  Two trips to move it from storage into our house.

My baby boys.  Not so baby-ish anymore.  My sons grew into men.

Made this while living in the hotel.

Fourth of July

Look at that sky!

I had never done any latch hook before so I bought a kit on impulse when a store posted a going-out-of-business sale. (It's bound now.)

My son James leaving for Utah.

After a last trip to the beach, that is!

And Mitchell's!!!

I have a snowball bush like my Dad!

I finally have front loader machines, but they weren't hooked up right.  Water everywhere!

Squires Castle in Ohio

James picked me up at the Salt Lake airport.

Loved my time with him!!!

Got a picture of this quilt I made my sister.

With James at BYU-I.

Visiting friends in Rexburg! 

James with my parents.

Quilting inspiration in front of the Logan LDS Temple.

Some things change a LOT.  My mother never used to watch sports but now she usually joins my dad watching the evening sports.

At the Bingham Copper Mine.

My parents and I.

Steven took me to see the Haserot Angel in the Cleveland cemetery.

Exploring the Cleveland Zoo with my good buddy and son Steven.

Homemade bread!

Baby blanket for my nephew's baby.

My daughter

I realized I was stunningly short on Halloween/Thanksgiving/fall decorations so I whipped this up from some 2 1/2" strip sets I had.  The back is totally pieced with brown strips.

While I was at it, I found some orphan squares so I turned them into a table centerpiece/runner.

Initially I put this on the front porch but then the hurricane-force winds started.  It came inside by the front door!!!

Another artistic pursuit.  I would love to start painting fabrics!!!

Another baby blanket completed.  I found a back I liked (peach) and now need to quilt it together.

Christmas wall hanging that I couldn't resist.

Lots of quilting.

Family togetherness now happens on Hangouts!

After the trick or treaters were gone, I brought Miss Scarecrow in from the freezing cold galestorm outside!

That's my year.  Almost. I have the kit to participate in Angela Walter's latest fmq challenge and a course is starting up for bag making with Crafty Gemini.