Friday, October 12, 2018

Long overdue Thanksgiving placemats!

Last year, or maybe the year before, or maybe the year before that, I picked up some Thanksgiving themed fabric at JoAnn Fabrics thinking that I would quickly make them up for that year's festivities.  

So that didn't happen

until now.

So while Princess Eugenie got married to Jack Brooksbank, I listened to Words of Radiance, by Brandon Sanderson, on Audible and cut, quilted, and bound these placemats.


I ran out of 505 Spray Adhesive (because I'm not coordinated enough to pull out safety pins before I stitch right over the top of them) so I have only completed 3 out of 6.  Originally I bought enough fabric for 8 but tried another Star experiment that I abandoned before going forward with the original plan.  Placemats use a lot of adhesive spray!  I'm car-less at home today so there were no quick trips to the store!

Actually, the third placemat is probably my favorite.  It was the easiest to quilt because I did the quilting design with the walking foot.  Having a stitch regulator is a beautiful thing!


Maybe one day I'll actually use a thread you can see better!  The sunburst in the top right corner is more difficult to see with white thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment