Thursday, October 11, 2018

Halloween quilt gifting

I picked up a Halloween panel at Quilting Is My Therapy fabric shop and came home, sandwiched it, and started free motion quilting it.  I finished it quickly for my daughter.  Their kitchen walls are a boring white with a desperate need for a colorful pick me up.  

 
Cute, huh.  Not bad from someone that dislikes Halloween!

If you look closely, you'll see steam swirls going up from the black pot.

 
The machine-stitched label.  Like the striped backing?  That's from my stash.

My daughter received the quilt yesterday so I can post this now without ruining the surprise.  It turns out she didn't realize I was making this for her.

On one of her walks in town, she discovered a hardware store to buy a wooden dowel to hang this.  She also befriended a seemingly stray cat.  She pet it but had to walk away from it.  Once back at her apartment, the cat stayed on her mind and she felt she should do something for it.

 After googling, she discovered mushrooms were safe for cats so she sacrificed her only can of mushrooms and took it out for the forlorn kitty.  The cat was still there and enjoyed the food, but she noticed that she didn't snarf it down like a starving kitten, prompting her to start looking for an owner.  She was right in front of AutoZone where she found the owner.  The cat?  The AutoZone pet, matted fur and all.  The manager's home was right across the way and she went between the two.  She was much relieved to know that this kitty had a home to retreat to with winter coming.  She was greatly relieved!




What do you do with your quilts?  Do you dislike making hanging sleeves?  I remembered to add one to this Halloween wall hanging, but I often forget so I was happy to see this blog post by Quilting Digest on other ideas to hang quilts.  Some are super clever!


Creative Ways to Hang Quilts
(from Quilting Digest)




No comments:

Post a Comment