Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Another UFO completed: First comfort quilt

Last spring I began a Comfort Quilt for the Ronald McDonald House.  The top has been sandwiched with the batting and backing for awhile and I finally started machine quilting it after I came home from vacation.  I really like it!



This quilt top is made of 6" flannel squares and ultimately was 39 inches square.  I already had the flannel stars for the quilt back and also had batting.  I learned from others to use flannel for the batting inside though.  It was on sale that day so I bought 5 yards of white to have on hand.  I bought the fat quarters for the squares at JoAnn Fabrics for less than $8 so this was fairly low cost.  I did have to cut some blocks from some flannel I already had though.  It needed six fat quarters instead of five!

No comments:

Post a Comment