Wednesday, March 23, 2016

NOT on topic

I am including this little parable because I've been thinking about it as it pertains to my children and their experiences as well as my own.  While it isn't gospel, I believe it is wisdom.  I have copied it from Carol Tuttle's book, Remembering Wholeness.

------------------------------------

The following is a parable excerpted from Conversations with god: An Uncommon Dialogue; Book 3, that helps us understand how we can truly love those we have perceived as our enemies.

[God talking]  “You may choose to be any part of God you wish to be,” I said to the Little Soul.  “You are Absolute Divinity, experiencing Itself.  What Aspect of Divinity do you now wish to experience as You?”

                  “You mean I have a choice?” asked the Little Soul.  And I answered, “Yes.  You may choose to experience any Aspect of Divinity in, as, and through you.”

                  “Okay,” said the Little Soul, “then I choose Forgiveness.  I want to experience my Self as that Aspect of God called Complete Forgiveness.”
                 
                  Well, this created a little challenge, as you can imagine. 

                  There was no one to forgive.  All I have created is Perfection and Love.

                  “No one to forgive?” asked the Little Soul, somewhat incredulously. 

                  “No one,” I repeated.  “Look around you.  Do you see any souls less perfect, less wonderful than you?”

                  At this the Little Soul twirled around, and was surprised to see himself surrounded by all the souls in heaven.  They had come from far and wide throughout the Kingdom, because they heard that the Little Soul was having an extraordinary conversation with God.

                  “I see none less perfect than I!” the Little Soul exclaimed.  “Who, then, shall I have to forgive?”

                  Just then, another soul stepped forward from the crowd.  “You may forgive me,” said this Friendly Soul.

                  “For what?” the Little Soul asked.

                  “I will come into your physical lifetime and do something for you to forgive,” replied the Friendly Soul. 

                  “But what? What could you, a being of such Perfect Light, do to make me want to forgive you? The Little Soul wanted to know.

                  “Oh,” smiled the Friendly Soul, “I’m sure we can think of something.”
                  “But why would you want to do this?”  The Little Soul could not figure out why a being of such perfection would want to slow down its vibration so much that it could actually do something “bad.”

                  “Simple,” the Friendly Soul explained, “I would do it because I love you.  You want to experience your Self as Forgiving, don’t you? . . .

                  “I ask only one thing in return, “ the Friendly Soul declared.

                  “Anything!  Anything,” the Little Soul cried.  He was excited now to know that he could experience every Divine Aspect of God.  He understood, now, The Plan.

                  “In the moment that I strike you and smite you,” said the Friendly Soul, “in the moment that I do the worst to you that you could ever imagine—in that self-same moment . . . remember Who I Really Am.”

                  “Oh, I won’t forget!” promised the Little Soul.  “I will see you in the perfection with which I hold you now, and I will remember Who You Are, always.”


The Lord said, “Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you” . . . because they may have been your best friend in heaven.

                  I know that God will give liberally to those who ask.  Prayer will help us draw more fully on the powers of heaven and the powers of Christ’s atonement.

                  Therefore, lift up your voice and ask God to remove any perceptions that are stumbling blocks to you forgiving and feeling whole.  Many, many times I have asked God to change my perceptions to ones that support me in feeling peace and harmony and showing up in unconditional love and allowing.  I know he has assisted and will continue to assist you and me each time we ask.


No comments:

Post a Comment