Friday, March 15, 2019

Own it

Three posts in and I've only begun!

Do you see yourself in my experience?  Do you tend to accumulate in spite of yourself?

I remember a speaker, Bob Proctor, teaching that we have to create space for what we really want.  He talked about a woman who told him she wanted new drapes.  She had visualized new drapes, but she still didn't have new drapes although months had passed.

Bob looked around at her windows which were blocked from view by, you guessed it, drapes.

He asked, "Where are you going to PUT new drapes?"

The woman looked astonished and said, "Right there," waving her hand at the already draped window.

Bob said, "You haven't made room for them.  Take those drapes that you hate down.  Right now."

The woman protested because she would have no privacy without something at the windows.  He shrugged at her remarks and said, "I guess you don't really want new drapes."

He said she took them down that night, and the next time he visited her, she had the drapes she wanted at the window.

--------------


I'm not sure how to make space for a tinier space, but I'm pretty sure I need less stuff to attain it.  I have always believed that renting storage space for more stuff that is hard to get at is pretty much a waste of money, but maybe all those boxes and piles in my attic that make it hard to put new blinds up in the windows are just as stupid of a waste of space and money.

Own it. What the heck is all that stuff?!  I'm pretty sure there are two boxes underneath that window that I want to keep.  And the suitcases are my sons.  But what is everything else?!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment