Sunday, September 23, 2018

Travelogue and family

It was nice to spend some time in Utah with my family.  My daughter spent a few days visiting before I took her to see my husband's family (translation: I shopped for last items and she spent time with her cousins).  Then it was off to Snow.

My sister and I

My parents and I

The original core of my family, just the four of us

Repeat

My sister and parents.  I'm not too good with these selfie-style photos!

My mother and I

My father and I

The three of us

My parents

My mom relaxing and reading the newspaper on the porch, her favorite activity.

My dad

On the porch

I realized we had taken off with NO family pictures.  We had rushed to get pictures taken the day before we left home so Jim sent photos to the local Walmart near my parents' home for developing.  Walmart's machine wasn't working right so he resent them to Walgreens.  Much better!

We finally made it to dinner and raspberry shakes at Bear Lake, Utah!  Almost to Logan!!!  Two long days of travel!

Shaundra inside the covered wagon.

We detoured in Wyoming to visit the Mormon pioneer memorial at Martin's Cove where some of the handcart pioneers holed up briefly after being caught by early winter storms on their way to Utah.  Some of our ancestors were in this bunch of people.  (That's an actual organ.)

Somewhere in the midwest we saw this tiny house traveling down the road.


No comments:

Post a Comment