Friday, November 1, 2019

New dietary twist

Recently in conversation with a friend, I became persuaded (good word, huh!) to go onto a greens diet.  Realizing that I had a number of fresh vegetables probably going bad in my refrigerator, I started mixing up my brew. 

Understand that I realize I'm lacking leafy greens and was happy with green vegetables in general like zucchini, celery, cucumbers which I already had.  I want to start growing microgreens so I can have fresh microgreens!  I learned to grow them last summer while visiting my sister and brother in law.

Every mixture has been different based on what was in my fridge.  Here's what I included this morning:

 Cucumber and broccoli

Sage's apple sans seeds

The rest of the celery

About 1/4 cup chia seeds.  This is where a high powered blender such as a Vitamix becomes necessary because you need to get the omega-3 oil!

Water to as high as I can add it without having it spurt over the sides.  I also added a tablespoon of Pyure with stevia WITHOUT sugar because I like sweet.

 Blend it very smooth.  The chia seeds make a milky white color.

Pour it into a large pitcher and add about that much water again.  Too much fiber without enough water can constipate you, I was told.

 And serve.

Amazingly, I haven't been hungry or craving anything.  I don't know if this will result in weight loss, but I'm hoping for feeling better and not so stiff and sore.  I made THM's tomato soup last night (not vegan) and my freshly made homemade whole wheat bread to go with last night's green drink.

Then I messed up by having Tootsie DOTS!  Too much Halloween candy around here.  The wind was frightful and freezing cold last night!  I'm glad we're west of the snowbelt though.  THEY got snow!

This morning:

You just can't see the tree blowing because this isn't a video!

The prairie grass heads are seriously blowing in the wind!
Still, it's better than it was last night!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment