Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Heart happy!

Have you ever had one of those times where you felt like you couldn't get moving?

Well, that happened to me with quilting.  I couldn't get off the dime.  

I started cutting fabric for my Through the Ages quilt and then mis-cut a piece.  And couldn't fix it.  First, I didn't realize I should have fussy cut it a little more because I cut off the head of the knight and the seam would take off the head of the lady.  Then I realized I cut it 1 1/2" too narrow and didn't have enough fabric left for a second try.

Thankfully Fabric.com still had that particular print available. Through the Ages website did not.  For $2 more, I bought a yard rather than a 1/2 yard of fabric and it's on its way here!  $15 later including $5 shipping.  That hurt my feelings! 

That really took away the little head of steam that had been building up so I looked around for a new project.  Preferably quick and easy.  The latest issue of the BLOCK magazine had a table runner of hearts and I had some Michael Miller bright solid precuts that I've been saving.  It all worked together and I came up with this tabletopper!


Perspective:  This is laying on our family dining table that seats 6, and it takes most of the table.  

My heart is happy and feeling up to another project now.  Hooray!

This post was first published on costumesandquilts.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment