Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Husband's surprise

My husband's Christmas gift was another hard one to keep under wraps.  A couple of months ago, he turned me onto ceramic potter Jessica Putnam-Phillips' @jessputnamphillips Periscope and I learned that he would love to have a large mug made by her.  While watching her make some bowls and mugs, she displayed a jade green mug that she had made previously and commented that she had some others in progress.  Instantly I knew what I wanted to get him.

Because Jessica makes one-of-a-kind work, I emailed with a request for one of those mugs.  Since my husband watches her Periscope posts, I knew it would be tricky to pull it off.  I also use his Paypal account rather than creating my own so I knew paying for the mug would be even harder.  Thankfully, Jessica was willing to work with me and I got the mug right before Christmas.


I just realized that this picture doesn't show the carving details and he has it at work so I can't take another picture.  I stole a screen shot off his Instagram account though.  Isn't it gorgeous?!



As Jim handled and admired it, he wondered out loud if there was something he could put on the bottom to keep it from breaking.  I went into the sewing room and came out a little later with this little mug rug, just big enough for the mug.  So pretty!  


No comments:

Post a Comment