Last summer I collected Row by Row quilt strips from a number of places we visited in the past and this year, and I have begun constructing one from Kentucky's own Quilt Box. Actually I'll make two from The Quilt Box so I can use one as a wall hanging and one in a quilt.
Here it is, pressed and ready to appliqué. I used double-sided WonderUnder by Pellon to attach each piece. The big pieces were fairly easy, but the logs on the little cabin were NOT! They kept wanting to curl up. I found that a good press flattened them down. Apparently I had forgotten to reverse the pattern for the state so initially it was backward, but thankfully I caught that before pressing the WonderUnder to the fabric. Oh, and one piece that I ironed onto the iron. Oops!
Once pressed, I began to sew the appliqué with a blanket stitch.
It's all sewn now although I need to draw the threads on top to the back and assemble the quilt sandwich. If you look closely, you can see the threads. Oh, and I need to embroider the sun's rays too.
I'll quilt this one myself so that's taking a little thought. I'll probably quilt around each piece, offsetting the stitches about 1/4" or so but I'm open to ideas after that.