Thursday, July 30, 2020

It's DONE!

Today it's a balmy 77 degrees outside with 70 percent humidity, and I took my dog for a walk.  I had grand designs of going and walking the Rocky Ridge Reservation later today, but THAT's not going to happen now!  It's far too muggy.  I'm beat!

Last night I put the finishing touches on the quilt I started 7 months ago.  It's a throw quilt designed by Angela Walters for a virtual quilt along, Help! How Do I Quilt It?  that she did late 2019. 

The border is not part of Angela's panel.


 I started this in January.  After quilting ferociously for a few months, my hands started yelling at me with arthritis pain so I backed off.  Life intervened, COVID19 happened, and I went to help my parents in another state.  

Coming home, I didn't even want to touch my sewing machine, let along free motion quilt!

After several weeks, I decided I needed to finish the project.  After all, I was almost finished already.  That said, I didn't want to do much intensive free motion quilting so I snapped on my walking foot and broke into it with straight lines.  Ultimately I moved back into the curvier designs that need my FMQ foot, but I kept it to short spurts.


Seven months after beginning this, it's done.



The back is quite colorful and I love the colors!

Close up: 

Full length:

It's happy and colorful!

I ran out of the ombre fabric so I ran by a local quilt shop and found this:


Back and front at once:






No comments:

Post a Comment