Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Welcome home!

My son came home from his mission on November 7.  It was awesome to see him again.




Then Thanksgiving happened and we spent it with cousins.  They breed golden retrievers, golden doodles, and standardbred poodles so I couldn't resist this fabric to make a couch pillow:


I made a snowman wall hanging.  It was designed to be a table runner, but I doubled it over to make a 2-sided window decoration.  I got the directions from the holiday 2016 Block magazine from Missouri Star Quilt Company.  The tutorial is here:  http://quiltingtutorials.com/product-and-tool-demonstrations-and-reviews/scrap-buster-snowman-wall-hanging/


Next up is a Christmas tree skirt.  I've pieced it, added the binding, and pieced the backing fabric so now I get to sandwich and quilt the skirt.  Hopefully I'll be able to post the finished product this week so we can put up our Christmas tree on Sunday.




No comments:

Post a Comment