Sunday, December 4, 2016

Christmas is coming!

Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat!

It's time for caroling and happy energies this season because of the Lord Jesus Christ.  Peace can be had in spite of the world's turmoil.  In spite of personal turmoil.  It really can.

Add a bit of quilting to lessen anxiety too or at least something creative helps spill off stress.  Maybe it's cooking, coloring, dog training, or biking.  Find it though.  I'm not being overly light about it:  stress is real and so is anxiety.  Add some scripture and meditation time and this season should feel lighter still.

I added another journal to my collection.  I've been wanting a paper journal again rather than typing up entries on the computer.  This takes me up to three journals.  A small 5-year journal that I'm gleaning events from past calendars and Facebook, a spiritual journal, and now this one.  After I took the picture, I colored on the front cover since it looks just like the backside!  Another way to de-stress.


Today my son and daughter put up the Christmas tree and we discovered we have too many decorations.  Nice problem!!!


We put this new Christmas tree skirt I just pieced and quilted under the tree.  Our tree, as my kids put it, is a 3D family history tree that commemorates all our major events through the years.  We have tried to collect an ornament that marked something of the past year; some years that resulted in homemade ornaments.  Long story short:  our tree is a scrappy sort of tree so the scrappy tree skirt fits beautifully!


Our beautiful tree, Smith style:  


And Saturday I picked up the Olfa 17" rotary mat for a song, courtesy of JoAnn's 60% off coupon.  Gotta love those when it works out!  



1 comment:

  1. Your tree sounds like mine - scrappy goodness! I still hang handmade ornaments my boys made when they were preschool age, and it is so fun to see them on the tree year after year. Your tree skirt looks fabulous. I definitely want to make one for our tree - maybe next year! :)

    ReplyDelete