Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Ta Da! Minecraft top completed!!!

After I got those other projects finished, I turned my attention to sashing the Minecraft quilt.  The squares ready for sashing:


I think the sword and TNT blocks are my and my husband's all-time faves!  And yes, my sewing room is a mess--that's why I'm trying to get close ups!  We chose to drop the pick axe out because getting it right inside of that size of a block is nearly impossible without working with tiny squares.

Originally we planned to put the dragon Kelli created on the reverse side, but I'd already bought 120" backing fabric at $19.99 a yard) and didn't want to waste it.  I might put the dragon on a banner for Halloween though.  (I've already bought the purple fabric too.)

Here's the beginning of the sashing process:


And wah lah!


Jim picked out the sashing fabric.  It needs to be pressed, but I think it looks cool!

The backing is brown in the same texture as the grey sashing fabric.


Now I'm trying to figure out what kind of pattern to follow in quilting this together.  Ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment