He looks great! :D I love that your husband wants a Minecraft quilt! Thanks for emailing the link to me. I'll sign up over there so I don't miss any in the future. Have a great week. :)
Today I completed my tablet holder using the Little Scraps pattern from This & That, Original Quilt Pattern by Sherri K. Falls. The inside: The good: This is a cute idea. The right side was originally designed for a tablet of paper, but I put my tablet inside and added the fastener at the top so it wouldn't drop out. The bad: There's a lot of wasted opportunity. The pocket where I tucked the small notebook could have been modified to hold a phone, and the brown area above the pink zippered pocket is totally wasted. I think I'll add a photo area there and maybe a key fob. Since I used the blue pocket for holding my tablet instead of an 8 1/2" x 11 3/4" paper note pad, I should have added multiple pen holders (maybe with a piece of elastic?) across the outside of the pocket. The ugly: The instructions. Ugh. They were good at the beginning but the final assembly and the zipper pocket directions lost me. Maybe it was ju...
When I was looking through all the fabulous online tutorials, I found the name Amy Gibson teaching a class on Craftsy. She instructed one of the BOM quilts, and I enjoyed her style and clear explanations so I went searching online for her. Finding her blog, Stitchery Dickory Dock, I read this one and then this one and was especially intrigued by the Disappearing Nine-Patch tutorial. She only explained how to make the block, but I started thinking that would be a good entry-level quilt. So I've started with fabric in my stash. My mother sewed and taught me to sew and sewers generally collect fabric. I certainly have! I cut lots of 5" squares. Eight fabrics of 40 squares and one of 80 if I remember correctly. I'm hoping that's enough. Doing it my usual way, I simply plunged in without deciding how big I want the quilt to be or even how big the squares will be. I think they are turning out to be about 14" square, but I still haven...
I did it! I completed another quilt top. This one is a Christmas Advent wall hanging. I totally love this idea. I got the inspiration and direction from Missouri Star Quilt Company at https://youtu.be/15Cblb8J6i0 . Here is mine: I really like this idea. This is made with one-seam flying geese and the upper edges of the triangles are open for suggestions for activities. Missouri Star included a .pdf file for an Advent calendar. The next picture shows a few of the cards sticking out of the pockets: Up close: I've thought about doing something like this with inexpensive date ideas for newlyweds, activities for what to do when bored, and so on. I really like the idea of doing a spring-themed one with activities. When I was homeschooling, I could have put assignments in each pocket and had a strip for each child. It is nice to finish something! Okay, so I still have to get the batting, then put the back on,...
He looks great! :D I love that your husband wants a Minecraft quilt! Thanks for emailing the link to me. I'll sign up over there so I don't miss any in the future. Have a great week. :)
ReplyDelete