Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Taking it easy

In the last few days, I've finished enough blocks to bring the total to 36.  I think I'm going to settle with that and make a square quilt.  So my next challenge is how to put up a design board to lay up the blocks.

Additionally, I've been resting.  Sunday my family and I went to choir practice to prepare for an ecumenical service, and I came home with a bad case of laryngitis.  Monday I wasn't better; it turned into a full-fledged cold.  <grumble, grumble>

The weather turned cold too so I've been staying home with this:


I love honey vanilla chamomile tea!  Recently I discovered Integral Collagen from Trim Healthy Mama so I've been adding a teaspoon of the collagen into my tea.  It doesn't do much to the taste, but it's good for hair, skin, and nails.  As a wife and mother, chief cook and bottle washer, sewist, accountant, and whatever else is needed, I am in need of extra help in that department!  Believe me when I say I've drunk a lot of this tea with the collagen today.  It's the only thing keeping the sinus headache at bay.  Hopefully my husband will bring some Nexfed home for me tonight!

I've also been taking advantage of the quiet time by reading the Dark History of the Tudors, by Judith John.  I picked it up at Barnes and Noble last week for less than $10 because my daughter is studying European History this year.  This book gives a fairly brief summary of each of the Tudors with the most time spent on Henry VIII.  There are some new stories I had not read before now, but overall it is a good starter book of the Tudors after the War of the Roses.  She didn't go into much detail about that time, but then I got tangled in all the Henrys at the beginning where she discussed that.  It was sometimes difficult to follow the Marys, Elizabeths, and Seymours but the Henrys were the worst.  Consistently putting Roman numerals behind the name Henry would help.  If you can get past the first few pages (and Henrys) of the book, it becomes easier to follow.

  

I guess the best part about being sick is taking it easy and putting other tasks to the side.  I need to read 7 more books this year to meet my goal, but I'm perfectly okay with being healthy while I do it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment